Inflammation is a natural process that the human body uses to breakdown damaged tissue and is also an active element of immune function. Excessive or chronic inflammation however, is considered harmful to the body. Most chronic diseases, including arthritis and heart disease, are driven by excess inflammation.
One of the most significant benefits of healthy fats, such as omega-3s and olive oil, is that they help to reduce inflammation in a subtle, healthy manor. Reducing the intake of sugar and unhealthy fats (hydrogenated oils), and increasing one’s intake of fruits and vegetables will also help to reduce chronic inflammation.
For individuals experiencing inflammation related joint pain, nutritional factors that support joint health and regeneration are indicated.
The Bio-Systems program is science-based, very easy to implement, and is designed to be low cost. The basic strategy is to provide a simple, science-based nutritional approach that will improve the overall function and health of your body while specifically addressing your primary indicated health concern.
- Support healthy blood sugar regulation
- Improve body composition (reduce fat, increase muscle)
- Reduce inflammation
- Support healthy signaling pathway activity (insulin, neurotransmitters, immune cytokines, etc.)
Therapeutic Strategy:Start the day with a healthy serving of quality protein
- Why? Science shows that antioxidants and key proteins help to control the body’s natural inflammation response.
- Why? Science shows that polyunsaturated fatty acids (omega-3 fatty acids) are the precursors of the lipid mediators and play an important role in regulation of inflammation. Specifically, EPA and DHA found in omega-3 contain natural anti-inflammatory properties.1
1JX, Kang, and Weylandt KH. "Modulation of Inflammatory Cytokines by Omega-3 Fatty Acids." National Center for Biotechnology Information. U.S. National Library of Medicine, 2008.
Follow a Mediterranean dietary pattern, which includes eating more fruits and vegetables for inflammation control (at least five servings per day)
- Incorporate GlycoCare™ into your daily supplementation regimen
- Why? GlycoCare™ contains natural marine derived cartilage support nutrients, lipids, and growth factors, contributing to inflammation control and healthy joint support.
Recommended Nutritional Supplements:
Formula When to take How much / many
1-2 softgels per day
2 to 4 capsules per day
Additional Lifestyle Considerations:
- Be sure to get adequate rest and sleep
- Take action to deal with excess stress
- Get some exercise (add stretching)
- Spend time with family and friends